We are planning to start this Project in January 2015.
If interested to join, please don’t hesitate to fill in the Forms and/or call us for more information.
Tandem for Languages can be defined a method for learning or improving foreign languages. The conversation can be done in a long distance way, on line Both parties are mother tongue in the language that the other wants to learn.
The conversation can be organised in different ways:
– one party speaks in the other language and the other does the same;
– the time spent together is shared on equal basis: 50% in one language and 50% in the other language;
– one conversation is done (100%) in a language, the next conversation in the other language.
The goals and method of the Project are simple, with positive results:
– putting together differents needs, related to language preparation, we consider the cv and the Form for finding the “best couple” to join the Project. This is why is worth to know: interests, hobbies, sports, etc. of applicants.
Is an informal agreement, means that each party can stop at any time, simply informing the other and us. There isn’t a minimum period to run.
My experience, as Erasmus‘s Coordinator for a significant period, 15 years, gives me some certanities about if and how the period of study abroad has influenced personality and character of the students involved in the mobility.
My understanding was, and still is, that, as long as they have spent not less than six months abroad – most of my scholarships were nine months, when back they were “different”, wondering “…why I’m back ?…”, “What am I doing here?…”, “…there are any other chances/opportunities for going abroad?…”; this was the leitmotif coming from people, most of those, that, less than one year before, were stressed, with so many doubts for leaving the family, the girl or boy friend, friends, … Genoa.
Both boys and girls, latter more than previous ones, were more mature, self conscious, more determined and, most important, with the awareness that:
– the world is not in the home city and that home city isn’t the world, but part of it and that you have to go where the job is available.
– is a need to improve language preparation, better if more than one foreign language and that, in term of which one, English was the most important; that the language is something not “alone” but with a strong correlations with the culture, thoughts and behaviour of people of other countries; so the knowledge of the language open the mind, makes easier the understanding between people from different (far) country/ies, is a kind of tools that can “open” doors, minds, behaviours or, from another view point, is a vehicle that brings you into several directions, without problems, overcoming every obstacles or, at least, most of them.
In the good and in the bad, Erasmus has changed and, anyway, cannot manage to send abroad all students (University). One good idea was to involve students from secondary schools (Comenius), but, again, numbers were/are cialis vente libre pharmacie france so limited comparing to the whole number.
These matters, as dreams, are with me now, still deep inside me.
I strongly believe that ESU, as a global Network of Associations, can do a lot for making my dream (sending abroad for studying and working, everywhere in the world, the largest possible number of people, not only students) becoming a reality.
English Speaking Union Italy offers opportunities to learn a better English, to practice it, to improve soft skills, to travel and stay abroad for learning and working.
This is why we are working hard on this, creating a Network, as large as possible, at national and international level.
I‘m pleased to believe that the future will confirm this.
The President of ESU Italy
Dr. Leo Aldo Narducci
We have planned DEBATE’ s Activity/ies as follows.
Period: from October 2014, Tuesday 21st until the end of March 2015.
Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Minimun number of participants for starting the course: 14;
Optimum number: 20.
2014: October, the last 2 weeks; November, the first 3 weeks; December, the first 2 weeks.
2015: January, 2nd and 3rd week; February, the whole month; March, the first 3 weeks.
Timetable (availability for running the course)
Tuesday = a.m. and p.m.; Wednesday = a.m. and p.m.; Saturday = a.m. and p.m.; Sunday = a.m.
a.m. = 09.00 – 12.00; p.m. = 14.00 – 17.00
The course can levitra side effects be organised:
– One day = 6 hours; Two days = 8 hours; weekend = 9 hours.
We are available to run the course at every destinations in Italy
Don’t hesitate to contact us for any further information.